Sunday, January 6, 2013

After all the hype of adding a trigger this cycle, that does not seem like it will be happening. I'm only on cd9 but right now, it doesn't look like we'll be shelling out the couple hundred dollars for the totally uncovered by insurance trigger. We did 7 days of Clomid instead of the usual 5, just like we did two months ago when I conceived and I'm telling myself, we didn't need the trigger then so hopefully it won't really matter that we aren't doing it this month. I'm more concerned about trying to correct my low progesterone. I wonder if my progesterone has been low for some time but since I don't have a short luteal phase or any other symptoms, it's gone undetected til the blood work for the ultrasound.

I'm hoping to consult with a local midwife and master herbalist later this week (who I will soon be partnering with on my doula business which is super exciting!) and she does Mayan abdominal massage (known for success in breaking up adhesions) so I'm hoping to get that done, as well as get some natural progesterone cream. I could get my dr to prescribe some, but it's pretty pricey and I'm pinching pennies this month.

Doula business is booming though so I can't complain on that front. I love getting the privilege to attend so many births (and my last one was a couple who dealt with infertility which was even more rewarding than my norm.) It has it's moments where it's rough and makes me wonder if I'll ever be in their position, but for the most part, it's just a totally amazing experience for everyone involved. I can't imagine doing any other kind of work. And with a birth center finally opening up in our area, I'm thinking 2013 is a great year to have a baby up here!

I usually wait tables on Sundays but just so happened to have today off and I'm loving it. I laid in bed til noon, still haven't put on clothes yet, and I think I may go for a little local hike. All of this is made possible by the fact that one of my closest friends loaned me their extra car so that we're not having to rely on one vehicle to get us both to work, friends, and with me on call, we just never know when I'll be stuck at a birth for over 24hrs leaving Matt stranded. It's been stressful and had become the thing we fought about most. I'm very happy to have that stress lifted and hope that with school starting in a little over a week that it won't be replaced.

Still feeling optimistic about this month and it's made even better by this patch of can't-keep-our-hands-off-each-other love we got goin' on right now!

3 comments:

ousoonerchick said...

Hope this is the cycle!!

KT said...

Glad you are feeling optimistic!! You never know.... :-)

dspence said...

I'm glad to hear you were able to have a stress free day!

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.