Monday, January 21, 2013

Welcome new comers. You can read more about ICLW in my sidebar if that's not what brought you here.

We've been married (and ttc) since May 2007. I had a miscarriage in September 2008 at 12 weeks. I had a lap in April 2012 to remove stage 2 endometriosis. We've done a crap ton of Clo.mid spread out over about 3 years. In November of 2012, I did Clo.mid days 2-7 and managed to get pregnant, but miscarried a little after 5 weeks. This is our first real cycle since then and I did 100mg of Clo.mid cd2-8 and I'm now 7dpo. This is my first month on progesterone and I'm being a big cry baby about it. My entire chest hurts more than I knew was possible. Like each step jostles a boob just right to leave me making unpleasant faces.

And other than an infertile. I'm also a nursing school graduate, a nanny, a passionate birth doula, and a future midwife. It's a weird field to be in when my body seems so stubborn about making it's own babies but I can't imagine doing anything else. I'm waiting on a couple of babies to be born right now. One of them isn't a client, just a super kind lady who invited me to come observe her homebirth. I'm seriously considering an apprenticeship with a homebirth midwife but feel like I need some more recent homebirth experience to fully make my decision. I usually only have about one homebirth client a year so the opportunity just doesn't  really present itself. We're also making huge plans to downsize from our 3 bedroom home to an RV and I've been enjoying this huge purge-fest.

I figure between huge opportunities to advance my career, a full time college course load, and moving into a teeny tiny space I can't imagine having a baby in, surely I will end up pregnant, right? Isn't that how all this works again?

7 comments:

Risa said...

Hi! Here from ICLW. I am doing progesterone too and know it's evil side effects. I am passionate about home births and already think you are awesome. I bet you are great at what you do because you know what it's like to want something so bad. Looking forward to following you!

jAllen said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! Progesterone does turn you into a slobbering mess, I was a wreck when a beloved character was killed off a favourite TV show!

Rebecca said...

Hi from ICLW. Just started up on the Endometrin today. I've been on it before and yes the side effects are horrible. Living in a RV sounds like fun. It would be nice to get rid of a bunch of things I don't really need around here.

Julia Spencer said...

Hi From ICLW.

I often think like this too. If I made it the most inconvenient time in my life to have a baby that this is when it might happen.

Hapa Hopes said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Oh progesterone! Turns me into a giant eating machine!

I can't believe you're downsizing to an RV! How exciting!!!

Teresa F said...

Hi from ICLW! Such a cute blog! I am excited to follow you!I sure hope you end up pregnant!

Megan said...

Yay, a midwife! I love hearing about people who want to go into that line of work. Good luck with it!

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.