Sunday, January 27, 2013

Well, today is cd1. I actually thought I'd start two days ago while I was at a birth because of how much I started cramping but I guess my uterus was just having some sympathy pains. It was a spectacular home birth that really solidified my decision to move forward with apprenticeship. I'm still torn on who exactly I will be apprenticing with (if I can't have them both.) I'm waiting to see how it all pans out. And I need to renew my CPR certification so I can send in my apprenticeship license application.

Of course, I just want to lay on my couch all day but instead, I have to put on a happy face and go wait tables. I'll pick up some wine on my way home tonight for sure though. 

While it will be strange not being on drugs for the next few months, I am seriously looking forward to feeling more like myself, being more in control of my emotions. I will have plenty to keep me busy as we transition to RV life, I finish out this semester (and possibly take a summer Chemistry class), start attending a lot more births, push my doula group towards non-profit status, and figure out what it's like to have sex with my husband just because I want to. I'm hoping that by July we will have put back some money for an IUI and I'll push for something other than Clomid (because I added it all up and over the last 2.5 years, I've had 13 rounds of Clomid, way more than EVER recommended.) Who knows, maybe we'll even go to Little Rock for them instead of getting it done with my local OB. I mean, I'm sure it doesn't take much skill to insert a catheter and push in sperm but they have a higher success rate at the big RE clinic.

So I leave with an Avett Brothers song that has resonated with me all morning. <3 br="">

3 comments:

Teresa F said...

Hi from ICLW! 13 rounds of CLomid?! WOW! I couldn't handle the side effects; nor could my DH! We recently took a break from TTC and the sex was awesome! Good luck!!!

Risa said...

Good luck with the apprenticeship! And have fun relaxing and not worrying about TTC!

Azara said...

It sounds like a good break for you - yay for less stressful sex!

Visiting from ICLW.

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.