Sunday, August 19, 2012

Ugh. I am seriously the worst blogger. How in the world has a whole month almost past? We've been holed up on our couch devouring Smallville (all 10 seasons in pretty much a month!!!) When I left off last, I'd just had my NCLEX paid for and ran a 5k. I'm still running, getting in about 10 miles a week right now but hoping to increase that once our weather starts to cool off a bit (and the sweet angel baby who I ran my last 5k in honor is a big sister to a beautiful, chubby cheeked little girl!)

As for my NCLEX, I took it last Wednesday. I had to wake up super early and drive about an hour south of me to the testing center (and I am sooooo not a morning person.) I already wanted to puke so you can imagine the pure horror that I felt once I realized that I didn't have my authorization to test email that I needed in order to even be admitted into the testing center. I immediately burst into tears and the lady at the desk pointed me towards the nearest Staples. I drove there quickly only to discover that it was closed which caused even more panic. I immediately thought of my sweet, super awesome friend Lisa, who used to live in the town I was testing in, and called her. She panicked for me too and got online to help me search for a place where I could print the email I needed. She located a fedex store for me and I was really, really, really super thankful that they were open and could help me out. I was in such a hurry to get out of there and back to the testing center that I actually ran into the automatic doors because I was practically running back to my car. So I got to take my test right after pretty much having a panic attack and crying a ton. The picture that they took of me prior to the test (to confirm that I came out the same person?) looked so terrible because I was trying to smile through stifled tears. I got 75 questions and was done in about 50 minutes. I should have been able to see my test results within 72 hours of taking the exam and while the state website had no problem taking my money, confirming that they had the results, and letting me proceed to the following page only to have a big blank space next to where my score should have been!!!!! I could have thrown the computer. I checked again this morning and got the same thing. Someone told me to call tomorrow and I think I'll be the first call through. I've got no fingernails left and it's pretty much all I can think of right now.

We aren't really ttc at the moment. Not doing any preventing, (unless you count being too stressed out to really do any babymaking) just let it kind of fall off the radar for now. And soon, I'll  hopefully be transitioning into a new job so who really knows what's happening on that front. If I end up with good insurance, we'll go ahead with the IUI, if not, we'll keep on, keepin' on. On the adoption front, it's on hold for the moment too since our finances are less than ideal. I think at this point, one look at our bank account would send them running for the door. I'm just feeling stuck stuck stuck stuck stuck stuck. I can feel change on my heels though.


StacyLee said...

Here from ICLW hope u get the answers on ur test results soon!!! What a stressful thing to go thru all in one day!!!

allmyprettyones said...

Yikes! I took my CCRN last year, and had a similar photo. I had a migraine and was going through some hard stuff personally... my photo looked like a mugshot of a crack whore. I was crying by the end because I knew I failed, since my head was so bad and I was nauseous. But... I passed. Hope you get the same results!

cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
infertilitydoessuck said...

Hi from ICLW...that would be beyond stressful for me but at least you gor thru it...lots of luck!!!

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.