Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I do not have a single day off for the next 12 days. If I'm not with the ninjakiddo or waiting tables, I'm with a doula client or running a 5k, many days working multiple jobs in the same day. But I'm trying to just be thankful for a job at all. Our bank account went negative yesterday thanks to a combination of me totally spacing on depositing the cash I have and that our water bill is autopay. So now we have even less money than I thought we did. I'm just getting really bogged down. 

I pulled my IT band this weekend and forced myself to run this morning, thinking that 2 days of rest would be plenty since I didn't notice it much yesterday. It was an awful run. I just had no endurance at all and therefore my overall pace and distance were terrible. I'm registered to run a 5k this Saturday and it means a whole lot to me. It's called A Race to Remember and benefits the organization Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. I'm running in honor of my friend's daughter, Kaydence Evelyn, who died far too soon after a few weeks in the hospital fighting for her little life. I had wanted to improve on my time from the 5k I ran last month but I don't see that happening. As long as I finish without dying I'll be somewhat satisfied. Running is about the only time when my brain isn't stressing about money so it gets turned to much more often when I'm freaking out. Besides, I've gained some of the weight back that I lost earlier in the year so it's time to get back on top of that.

I will keep telling myself things could be so much worse. I am thankful for my amazing husband, the opportunity to earn an income, my family, great friends, and my relatively good health. Now for work and hopefully getting our bank account out of the negative.

1 comments:

futurefords said...

My fingers are crossed you get to run (and enjoy!) that 5k on Saturday. It's such a sweet thing to run for and I know it must mean so much to your friend. Good luck!

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.