Saturday, July 21, 2012

Hey everyone! For those who are wondering what ICLW is, click on the little button in my side bar. It's usually my favorite time of the month. Since I'm constantly being left in the dust in the infertility world, it's my opportunity to re-introduce myself and find some new blogs from women who are in a similar situations. For those of you wanting to know about my story from the beginning, click here. Right now, we're just in the saving up money stage. I have some Clomid scripts but we'll likely just put that off until we can afford the IUI. We are simultaneously starting the process to adopt from foster care and are waiting for a bit more financial security before we re-do our budget form and set up the home visit prior to classes.

I have had an incredibly blessed and stressed week. Really stressing about money right now and wondering how ends are going to meet at all this month. I've been waiting tables every single day, sometimes multiple shifts per day and sometimes going to my nanny job afterwards. We lost two servers unexpectedly in the last week so it's really put a strain on things. I've been making some money though and that's all that really matters. Other than the extra money blessings, I was presented with an amazing gift from the amazing folks that I serve on the Arkansas Nursing Students Association with. They all pitched and paid for my NCLEX!!!! I was driving home from work when I found out and couldn't stop crying. It was just so unexpected and so kind. So now I actually get to take the test and (with any luck) add R.N behind my name. I decided to apply for some jobs on the evening and got a call the next day about setting up an interview for a night time labor and delivery job at one of the better hospitals in the area. It's also the hospital my OB practices at and I doula'd a birth there last month so I'm comfortable there. And I know they do lots of VBACs and low intervention births unlike the other hospital that offered me a job. I'm not exactly thrilled to be working on the other end of what I'm used to but I really feel like I could make a difference for those mama's that did want a natural birth. And I'm hoping that with a night position I would have a little bit more autonomy. This is going to sound really bizarre but I just want to get some practice doing cervical checks since the only cervix I've ever touched is my own.

I ran another 5k this morning. It was The Race to Remember and I ran in honor of one of my friend's daughters who lived for almost a month in the fall of 2010. All proceeds from this event went to the amazing organization called Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep which takes professional pictures for families experiencing an infant loss. It felt amazing to pour my energy into such a worthy cause and although I injured my IT band earlier in the week running and was told to rest/not run, I didn't listen and I'm satisfied with my time. I figured whatever pain I felt during the run, it was no comparison to the pain of losing a baby and it kept me going when I wanted to quit. My heart and mind were full of all the amazing women I've met who have endured their own losses and I felt like I was around friends.

I went from the race to the farmer's market and picked up some delicious heirloom tomatoes, some bell peppers, and some nectarines. Came home and made myself a lovely little egg scramble and decided to watch The Lorax (which was super cute.) Now I'm going to attempt to be productive and respond to what feels like a million emails while I ice my knee.

12 comments:

Sara S said...

Stopping by from ICLW (#17), good luck with your test!

BreAnna said...

Good luck on the NCLEX and with your job applications! Lots of exciting stuff coming up for you! I hope that a baby will be up next. <3

Sharron said...

Stopping by for ICLW, and to say thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I too am trying to lose weight and have started to TRY and get to 5k running, so well done to you for succeeding where I so far have failed. Good luck with your test too :)

justcyclingalong said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commiserating! I love running races and it is one of the things I miss most now that we've been doing injectible cycles. Good for you for doing the 5k! Lots of luck on your test too!!

Ducky said...

Wow, what a great surprise about the NCLEX! That is so sweet!!

I love farmer's markets and especially heirloom tomatoes! We've been making tomato caprese (heirloom tomatoes, basil we grow, and local mozzarella) every week this month. Yumm!!!

ICLW #27

marwil said...

That's a wonderful cause to run for, well done! Best of luck on your test, that's great news.

Stupid Stork said...

Greetings from ICLW!

That is so sweet of your colleagues - here's hoping you get the snazzy initials at the end of your name and get access to many, many cervixes. (Is that how you do the plural of that?)

I'm going to need you to fix me an egg scramble.

DandelionBreeze said...

You do an amazing job juggling so much and saving so much... I always feel for all you guys o/seas where ART is so expensive with little government help :( Love and wishes to you... cheering you every step to the finish line xoxo

Jenny said...

Hello from ICLW!

That's so wonderful of you to run in support of Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, even through your pain.

Best of luck to you with your exam! You have really amazing colleagues. :)

mrkhmusings said...

Hi from ICLW! Well done on the running, I can;t manage more than 3k at the moment! And what a wonderful cause to support.

Liddy said...

Yeah for the impending initials after your name! I am a few hours pasted getting a new set after mine. After all that studying, doesn't it feel awesome. Best best of luck with your exam!

An ICLW Visit from #63
liddy @ the unfair struggle (mfi, speedskating, 1st 2ww)

Ren said...

Good luck with your test. I feel you on the financial issues right now. My husband is still unemployed after losing his job June 20. So frustrating.

ICLW #33

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.