Wednesday, May 23, 2012


Thanks to the few ladies who have checked on me in my blogging absence! It has just been a bit crazy and I'm not even sure where to begin.

When I left off, I had just had my follow up appointment and was facing finals week. I made it through finals (and just barely in one class), got my first ever "C", and managed to hold myself together at pinning for the most part. My Nana had recently had a knee replacement and had only been out of rehab for a few weeks so it was touch and go on whether she would be able to make it up the
stairs and across the stage. Luckily, my instructors were very accommodating & she sat up on the stage, off to the side so that she would already be on the stage when I walked up there. I could tell it was hurting her but I am so thankful that she pushed through it. I also received a service award for my participation as vice president in our local student nurses association. I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I could have because I was anxious to leave during the entire thing just so that I could get home and finish getting ready for the vow ceremony/reception/5 year anniversary shindig but it was a great experience! I will miss all the wonderful people who have seen me more these past 2 years than most of my family has.

About that shindig, it turned out perfectly! It was well worth the wait and only happened thanks to some incredibly hard work done by some of my amazing friends and their family. Lisa Mac and her sister Annalee were both so amazing and put so much energy (and money) into making sure that this was a big success. I spent all day Thursday and most of Friday cooking and getting some last minute decoration prep done. We had worried about rain but somehow, and I still don't know how!, we managed to get lucky with some beautiful weather. For those who don't know, we got married 5 years ago in a drive-thru drug store in Lonoke, AR and so we never even said vows (see the picture where Matt is being handed something through a window!) We figured we've been through more than our fair share these past 5 years and with graduation falling so close to our anniversary, it seemed like the perfect time to share our love with our family and closest friends. We had a wonderful turnout, even with some last minute cancellations and the uncertain weather. Matt wrote a wonderful little intro for us and though I did write vows ahead of time, I lost them in all the commotion so I had to wing it (which was not fun!). I know I made some comments about him putting up with me "even when I have more hormones pumping through me than most jr. high cheer leading squads" haha but don't really remember too much of what else I said because I ended up getting so nervous!  His vows were so incredible, so pure, so beautiful. I was so happy to get (almost) all of the people in our lives who are the most important to us, all in one space. It was the first time my parents met both of his parents! It was the first time me and all 3 of my brothers had been in the same place since last May when the youngest one graduated from high school. Even my ninja-preschooler! and his family came. It was a pretty big deal. I couldn't have asked for a more spectacular day!

Not only did she help with the planning and execution of the party, but Lisa also took a ton of amazing pictures for us. You can see more of her incredible work here. We most certainly could not have afforded to have someone anywhere near her talent level taking pictures for us on such a special day, but lucky for us, we have known each other for over 15 years! She was actually my fourth grade teacher and I know I've talked about her here before, but seriously our relationship is one that I treasure and can't imagine my life without. We've only seen a portion of them so far, but I wanted to share a couple of my favorites with you.

Almost all of our favorite people in the whole world!
Right after my portion of vows
And you can tell from my expression in these two just how I felt as he read his beautiful vows

Me, my three brothers, and Lisa Mac



And sealed with a kiss, of course.















Matt was lucky enough to be able to get off work this past Thursday, which was our actual anniversary, and we went for an 8 mile canoe trip which wiped me out! Within 2 minutes of getting in, we had already flipped it and I have the souvenir bruise to prove it. It was a lot of fun, once Matt got the hang of things (since this was his first time in a canoe) and we figured out how to work as a team. We stopped a couple times, due to the low water level, to get a snack, or because we panicked about some snakes and ended up beached between two! It was a great day together and I will say that the highlight was, on one stretch of the river, Matt and I both sang "Colors of the Wind"! I sang probably too loud and really got into it, forgetting to keep paddling at all. It was so much fun and I can't wait to go back later this summer after my huge run of births! 
Here is the silly picture we took during our picnic lunch break. You can tell we were having fun!

And last, but not least, especially in this strange life we lead right now, about my dysfunctional lady-bits. The huge dose of Clomid made me feel like I was walking around with baseball tucked inside my pelvic cavity. We have been like newlyweds lately so all our bases are definitely covered. I am likely 4dpo right now so about 10 days until the witch is expected, possibly sooner. After this long, it's hard to find optimism but there is some that seeps through in fleeting moments of hope. I start being on call in two days and won't be off until after my last July client gives birth. It's exciting but at the same time nerve-wracking, wondering if a birth will happen on a day when I'm so hormonal that I can barely hold myself together. I always manage to surprise myself and put all my emotions on the backburner, so hopefully I will have continued success with repressing my feelings. And even better, maybe some birth-y juices will be all that my body needs to get the hint! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.