Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hey everyone! I'm so glad you're here. You can read our complete story here but I will give you a quick run down. I'm Rochelle and my husband is Matt. We got married May 17th of 2007 and have been trying to have a baby ever since. We did manage to get pregnant in the summer of 2008 but I miscarried right around 12 weeks. We haven't even had the slightest little bit of pregnancy ever since and have been stuck in the unexplained fertility category for that whole time. We have done 8 rounds of Clomid between 50 and 100mg over the last year with no luck. I finally had a laproscopy and hysteroscopy done this last Thursday which uncovered endometriosis between stage 1 and 2. The good news is that my tubes are nice and clear, my uterus is where it is supposed to be, and we finally have some where to start when it comes to getting a little bio baby. I am so very sore today and still having a lot of shoulder pain from all the gas used to distend my abdomen for easier viewing. I probably over did it the last two days with school and then walking around the farmer's market with the hubz this morning.

I graduate nursing school is 21 days! That will also be the day that Matt and I finally say vows to one another in front of our friends and family. I have a few different jobs right now that I will likely keep after graduation so that I don't have to get a nursing job that my heart isn't into. I work as a nanny a few days a week to an adorable little boy who will be 4 this summer. I can't believe how special our bond is and that it has been almost 3 years that I have been watching him. I wait tables on Sundays at Dixie Cafe which is about all the waitressing I could handle right now. And then I  have my true passion work as a birth doula. I know it seems almost masochistic that I'm an infertile who surrounds herself with pregnant women but it's something I just can't imagine ever giving up. My summer is quickly filling up with births and I am excited to watch my business grow.  I will be jumping right back into school in August to finish some classes I will need to get into a program to complete my bachelor's degree in nursing so that I can jump into a nurse midwifery program.

So please stick around and help keep me comfortable over these  next few months where I will probably be on suppression drugs to try and get the endo to calm down a bit before we see what else we can afford to do.

12 comments:

EndoJourney said...

Hi! Great to connect with you! I just got your comment on my blog and I will send you an email about my experience with endo and endo treatments soon! Wishing you the best!

Laura said...

Happy to meet you! Your story sounds very similar to mine- I just had my lap. in November uncovering Endo too! Looking forward to following along. Congrats on your upcoming graduation!

Amy said...

Hello from ICLW! It sounds like you have a lot going on with graduation, vows, new business, congrats and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing your degree! What an accomplishment. Good luck on the next steps!

Kristin
ICLW#57

EndoJoanna said...

Hello from ICLW! I got your comment on my blog and would be happy to send you some information! Thanks for stopping by and I am happy to connect with you!

MoonNStarMommy said...

Thank goodness for some answers!! I know that they tell so many endo girls they'll never have children (I know two personally who were told that, and got pregnant on their own! Both have also had miscarriages.)

I totally understand the loss .. I have had 14 through out my journey....

I hope that you guys can come up with a plan that you can afford and will result in that baby you long for.

Stopping by from ICLW #86

St Elsewhere said...

Very sorry for your loss.

Our diagnosis was also Unexplained IF. I have lot of failed treatment cycles, and eventually got pregnant on my own!

Good Luck to you with everything - fighting IF, nursing degree and the vows!


#24

thehopefulpinklady said...

Hello from ICLW and congrats on almost being done with nursing school!!! That is a HUGE achievement and I am so excited for you. The possibilities are endless and being a midwife will be very fulfulling. I am a Nurse Anesthetist and love it, though it certainly comes with its stressors at time. Good luck with your current journey. I too have unexplained infertility. It is SOOO frustrating. It must have been a least a little bit of a relief to finally have a diagnosis. Fingers crossed for you!

katery said...

hello from iclw, it's nice to meet you! my story is similar to yours, after a laparoscpy i was diagnosed with stage III endometriosis, i was then suppressed with lupron for three months. since our stories are so similar, you'll be happy to know i was able to get pregnant on my second iui post laparoscopy. i hope you find the same success! good luck!

mommy someday said...

Hi from ICLW - Congratulations on almost being done with nursing school! Wishing you all the best!

jlynn said...

Wishing you lots of luck on your journey and a huge congrats to graduating nursing school!

ICLW #104 :)

acoursetothefinishline said...

Hi from ICLW!
That sucks about the endo - good that you found it though. Did you have any symptoms other than the infertility that made you wonder if you had it?
Congrats on finishing nursing school as well!!

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.