Thursday, February 23, 2012

Welcome new folks! And for anyone else who doesn't know what ICLW is, check out the button on the side of my blog and join in the fun. I have been studying like crazy for this cardiac test in the morning and finally feeling like I actually stand a chance. I have way too many things going on right now and it is one of those weeks where I can actually be a little thankful that I have not yet added parent to my list of roles. I am in my last semester of nursing school, serve as our local student nurses association vice president, serve as the Arkansas nursing students association district 2 director, volunteer as a court appointed special advocate for children in foster care, work as a nanny part-time, wait tables once a week, deal with being randomly on call with my doula business and fitting in prenatals with clients, run a couple times a week preparing for my first 5k in the end of March, all while trying to maintain my sanity with time for my husband and other friends. Add in the Clo.mid and baby making schedule plus the fact that we are preparing to move about 30 miles away in 2 weeks and I am feeling quite overwhelmed. The problem is when I look at that list, there isn't one single thing I feel like I could give up. Ohhh, and don't forget planning my graduation/vow renewal party in May and the wedding I'm maid of honor in next weekend.

For those who care about my reproductive parts, here's a quick run down (or you can go here):
Got married to an amazing guy named Matt in May 2007 and we immediately started trying for a baby. Finally got pregnant in the summer of 2008 but miscarried that little one at 12 weeks in September 2008. By November my marriage was in shambles, Matt was in Prague and I was struggling to maintain any semblance of sanity from my manic choices. We were finally living together again by June 2009 and started really trying again in December 2009. Another year went by, I finally got into nursing school and got myself some super crappy health insurance. Finally saw an OB in March 2011, we got all the basic tests and there was no reason found as to why we were still childless so I got a script for 3 months of Clo.mid at 50mg and told to return pregnant. When that didn't happen, we took a few months off and I lost 20lbs. Got another script for Clo.mid in December, this time at 100mg and I am currently in my last cycle of that (ovulating like right now and feeling like my ovaries are attempting to escape my body and the hell I've been putting them through.) If this doesn't work, I call and schedule a laproscopy which I'm hoping falls during my spring break so that I don't miss any of my hectic life.

I love the place we are moving to. It will cut Matt's work commute down to almost nothing, but adds to mine by about 30 minutes. It has 3 bedrooms, a fenced in yard, and a dishwasher (more things too obviously) which was all I really cared about at this point. Our current landlords are letting us stay here until the current owner of the new house we're moving to can get her stuff into a storage unit. It is all working out really nicely. And it's closer to all my current doula clients so those 3am calls won't mean quite as long of a drive. I promise to post pictures when we get moved in. I have a vow renewal post in the works too, complete with pictures of the dress I ordered!

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Holy cow you are a rockstar! When I was in nursing school it was all I could do to get through it without all of the extra activities you have going on! Good luck with your cycle!

Btw, we are sort of neighbors...I'm in NE Texas.

http://hormonacoaster.blogspot.com/

Kechara said...

Wow, you're busy!!! Good luck with it all!

ICLW #6

acoursetothefinishline said...

Hi from ICLW!

Holy cow you are busy. Your list made me tired!!

Miss Monica said...

Congrats on your success in losing weight. I've used my fitness pal, too and it really helped me stay focused.

Good luck on ALL of your projects that you have going on.

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.