Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I have decided to use this next month to catch everyone up and participate in NaBloPoMo at the same time. I just got elected into a state board position with the Arkansas Nursing Students Association which will swallow even more of my nonexistent free time. I promise to talk all about the state convention, campaigning, and all that fun stuff on Thursday.


For today, I am going to use the prompt from BlogHer and explain a little bit about why I love writing, especially blogging.


I remember when I first started blogging over 7 years ago in high school with xanga. Like most high school girl blogs, it was full of angst and boy talk. That evolved into a blog I kept through livejoural the whole time I was in New York which chronicled my culture shock and multitude of random dates. It wasn't long after my return from New York that I started dating Matt (which has now been 5 years ago!!!!) and marriage came only 6 months later. I had been blogging sporadically until we realized that we were going to have some issues getting pregnant and then it became my go-to spot for venting that I couldn't do elsewhere. That blog ended up being deleted after my miscarriage and subsequent separation because I had started to just use it as a weapon. A weapon towards Matt to make him think I was just happy, happy, happy without him and a weapon towards myself as I relived every glorious moment of my pregnancy and every trauma of miscarrying. There have been so many times that I wish I had those posts but I'm sure it's for the best. I started it back up soon after we got back together but it was only for me. I never intended for anyone to read it then and still remember how excited (and nervous) I was when I got my first few readers. I almost changed the way I wrote and how much I shared but eventually rounded back to it being more for me than anyone else. This has become such a part of my life now that I can't fathom a time where I won't be blogging.


As we continue to navigate the path of infertility, nursing school, and beginning to dive into foster-adoption, blogging and the community surrounding it is what keeps me going most days.


My favorite thing about blogging/writing.....cheaper tham therapy.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0

0 comments:

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.