Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I had a wonderful birthday weekend! We ended up spending a big chunk of Saturday dealing with car issues (that are still not resolved) and then we split ways so he could spend more time with his friend and I could go see one of my besties (and her super cute 7 month old). I had a lovely evening with good food, that sweet baby, and time to catch up with one of my closest friends. On my birthday itself, we allowed ourselves to sleep in and then headed to my mom's house. We made an appearance, which took longer than it was supposed to, as always, but it was good to see her. Then we went and picked up my Nana and headed to my dad's house. Two of my three brothers and their girlfriends came too. My dad grilled hamburgers, hotdogs, and bratwurst and my step-mom, Dawn, made an amazing two level, super crazy moist, chocolate cake with chocolate icing, all from scratch. We spent about 4 hours there (Matt fell asleep after all the yummy food) and it was so great to catch up with my family and not feel like we were being rushed at all. From there we went on and saw an old friend we hadn't seen in a while (she was the only one with us when we eloped). And then I had a drink and some more yummy food with my favorite bestie (who stalks me here compulsively). Matt had to tag along but that ended up being a good thing since it seemed to change whatever his other impressions of her had been. He's just got a thing against people who are too pretty haha.

My hubby got me an awesome gift to top off my great birthday. I absolutely love Kurt Halsey. I've been spending way too much on his art for about 8 years now, even have some of his work tattooed on my wrist. Matt has been exposed to him, through me, for some time now and while he's not a fan, he didn't seem to mind that I have decorated our guest room with his art. Anyway, right now he has a coffee table book of sorts that has a small collection of his work from over the years and Matt saw me drooling over it online a few weeks ago. It didn't arrive in time for him to give it to me on my actual birthday (and because it was late, the wonderful Mr. Halsey gave me a few extras too including a bookmark, two postcards, and to adorable little tags) but he gave it to me last night and I am in love with it. I've kept in on the table since getting it and keep just picking it up and looking through it. He knows me so well and takes such good care of me.

And last, but most definitely not least, my super amazing family all pitched in and helped me pay for the rest of my workshop. It's this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and I am almost bursting at the seems with excitement. I get to talk about pregnancy and birth all weekend long! And I have no doubt that I'll be able to attend far more than 3 births this fall and with any luck, I'll be able to put CD (DONA) at the end of my name in the beginning of 2012. That means I'll have a nice big start of alphabet soup at the end of my name by this time next year when I can add RN to it too!

2 comments:

Candice said...

Yay! So exciting about the workshop!!! Sounds like you had a great birthday too! What a happy post to read :)

Heather @ A Little Hope in My Pocket said...

Stopping by from ICLW. Happy belated birthday, and yay for wonderful families!

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.