Sunday, May 22, 2011

So, I'm a day late but finally getting around to another post. We had a very low key anniversary with some BBQ and a visit to a newly discovered used book store in the downtown area of our town (we spent more there than on food.) It was the first time I'd taken a nap in a very long time. I needed a day of doing very little, especially after the long hike I took Monday before work.

I went on a fairly long bike ride Wednesday morning and spent some quality time with friends until it was time to go take care of the ninja.toddler.

Friday night we left for central Arkansas to drop off our dogs at my mom's house and spent the night with one of Matt's friends. We left early the next morning for Nashville. We went with two of my friends and their husbands but they carpooled together. It left us with a lot of time to listen to new albums from favorite artists. We drove all the way to Nashville just to see Les Miserables and it was worth every mile. It was so nice to enjoy some time with my friends as well since we don't get to spend much time together. It was the first time that all our husbands were in the same place, really the first time that he had spent any sort of quality time with any of them. I'm sure he loved it when it was suggested that all the guys ride in one car and all the ladies in the other, but it really did go well. Matt and one of the husbands even got to really get into a lot of philosophy that I would hate to have to talk about. The drive back tonight was interesting just because we were racing some really bad weather and didn't quite make it which meant going 45mph on the freeway with very, very little visibility at all. I am very glad to have settled back in at home now.

My dad and Nana are visiting next weekend and my guest room is a disaster area right now so that will be what I tackle the next two mornings before nannying it up but I'm hoping to get out on the trail Wednesday. Right now, a tornado siren just went off so this post will be drawn to a close even though it's no where near us, just barely in this county.

6 comments:

Lora said...

Happy Anniversary!

Hopeful1 said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope things start look up.

Take Care,
ICLW #12

Kristin said...

Happy Anniversary...and good luck getting ready for your company.

ICLW #6

Cyndi said...

Good luck on the house cleaning, I know how that can go. I go crazy when I have family coming in to town.

ICLW #58

C said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you've been busy.

Wishing you all the best!

Visiting from ICLW!

Fran said...

Happy (belated) anniversary! Stopping by from ICLW and wanted to say hello!

Fran ICLW #9

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.