Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It has already been such a very long day and it's no where near over. I got the lowest test score in my nursing school career today. Yeah, it was only an 80, but that's only 2 questions away from not passing! So really, I should have put more effort into listening to her babble on during the lecture today but my brain pretty much turned off the second I filled in the last bubble on my scantron (and I don't really learn from this specific instructor), so I've already resigned to just teaching it to myself. They are cramming all of our respiratory test into these next few days so it's going to be pretty disjointed anyway. I started typing this while I was still sitting in lecture and had actually put ear plugs in about 15 minutes into it because I just can't take my classmates questions and anecdotal stories, at least not today. She let everyone go for a bathroom break and I just quietly and quickly packed everything up and left. I wasn't supposed to get out until 4 which would have meant that I wouldn't see my hubby at all today. I left before he got home this morning and I won't be home from nannying until after he leaves for work tonight. Ducking out of class hasn't really done much for this though because he's still sleeping so I'm not really seeing him now anyway!

Normally I don't mind going to watch the ninja.toddler after tests because with him, things all just come so second nature that my brain doesn't have to do much work, but I'm really dreading tonight. This is the first time I've had any sort of lecture to sit through after the test so my brain feels particularly more fried than usual and I have two extra kids to watch tonight. My boss' sister from Los Angeles is in town with her two daughters and I guess they've made big plans that don't involve the kids. They are also planning on going out to dinner tonight and Friday so I'm there until 11pm! I am getting paid more for it but with all the things I have to get done this week, I really wish it were just me and David so we could just go to the park and he could play, I could string up my hammock, and all would be well in the world. Please oh please don't let them be spoiled, bratty little girls.

Hubz is getting switched back to days sooner than he thought so I think tonight may be the last night we have to sleep apart! I'm super excited about it and it will make everything go so much smoother on all fronts.

2 comments:

Residency Widow said...

Hi I stumbled across your blog from ICLW. Your day makes me tired just reading about it. As someone who regularly sleeps apart from my husband, I can personally attest to how nice it is to get that normal rythym back. Sadly ours can't be avoided and will be pretty regular for several more years. It sucks.

Carmela said...

Hi there. I came across your blog through ICLW. I look forward to following you on your IF journey. Hope you're having a great week!

Happy ICLW!
Carmela #65

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.