These past two days have been a challenge for sure. I don't think that the clinical site would be too bad if I didn't have such an insanely strict clinical instructor. When we tell other hospital employee's her name, they just respond with "I'm sorry" and proceed to tell us some horror story about a time when she was harsh to someone else. I was there for all of 10 minutes before I was yelled at and almost cried. She just adds so much stress to an already stressful situation. I thought having the evening clinicals would be nice, but getting home at 10pm is just exhausting. Luckily, I get a little bit of a break from her since my next four clinical days aren't on the med/surg floor. I have hospice next Monday and then I'll be in the OR Tuesday morning as well as the following Monday and Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to both of those, even though I'm sure hospice will be an emotionally draining day and I have to wake up at 5am to make it to OR. Anything seems better than another day with that instructor right now but I'm still hoping that it will some how manage to get better.
As evidenced by this lovely post, I'm having a very difficult time concentrating in class today and can not stop yawning. I'd love to just go back to bed for a few hours but sleep isn't really in the cards much this week. I work as soon as class lets out today, right up until class tomorrow afternoon, and then again Friday as soon as class is over. And when you're getting home at 9 or 10 at night, it makes it really difficult to get anything done which is why I have no clean laundry (and therefore a commando day.)
Basically, this entire week is full of 12 hour days and Saturday can not come soon enough. Generally, I'd be super excited and ready for Friday, but I'm more nervous about it's arrival. I finally got a positive opk yesterday (on cd22) so I am definitely going to be trying to address why I always ovulate so late (which really explains how long my cycles have been lately.) It also means that I'm about 2 weeks away from my period which would hopefully leave plenty of time to come up with a possible plan for next cycle (which will at least consist of blood work and a sperm analysis, but I think I'm that would open to one medicated cycle since it would mean a December baby.) Matt on the other hand doesn't really understand why waiting another 6 months for intervention seems so difficult, but we'll see. I mean, if we do all these tests and find that IVF is our only option, we'll just have to continue on our own until after next summer when we most likely move to Little Rock (where there is an awesome RE and an actual IVF program so it might be a mute point anyway. I am just ready to get this behind me so I can stop working about it.
Back to trying to pay attention and take notes about hepatic encephalopathy (woo hoo!)