Saturday, March 12, 2011

Please, oh please let spring stick around. I took down the rest of my winter-y items and optimistically put up some of my spring stuff. It's already gorgeous outside even though it's only 9:30 in the morning.

My dogs are in the back yard playing and my hubby is asleep (and likely will be for a while since I heard him come to bed around 5 after a night full of playing some video game he's addicted to right now.) The smell of cinnamon rolls is starting to fill the house, which is nice and clean, at least for a few more hours. I wish I could share this peace.

I'm watching last night's episode of The Rachel Maddow Show, which has become my favorite morning ritual. I'm letting my heart ache for those in Japan as I watch these painful images of lives being washed away in an instant. There is something about having survived after losing every material thing we've ever owned that makes me feel empathetically linked to each and every one of those affected by this earthquake. It also makes me long for a day when I'm more capable of helping. I know that my heart was just made to help others and I can't wait to drag Matt and our babies all over the world to do just that. Times like these make my heart restless to just get there already!

I'm feeling super impatient. Impatiently waiting to get back those test results, to get through the rest of this cycle, to get through this semester, and a million other things I try and push from my mind daily.

I desperately want to go hiking, or at least take my dogs to the dog park before I nanny it up tonight at 5 but I have this killer cold and my right shoulder has been hurting for the past few days so it may just be wishful thinking if this cold med doesn't kick in soon.

A week from today we'll be well on our way to North Carolina for spring break! I can't believe it's so close. Next Friday, we'll drive south to the in-laws to drop off the grand-pups and stay the night with Matt's friend that lives in the same town (mostly because he has a bed for us to sleep on.) Then early Saturday morning, we'll hit the road and with any luck, we'll make it to their house around 8 or 9 that night. We'll get to spend all day Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday with them, leave Wednesday morning, drive as far as we feel like it, rent a room, and then hopefully get back to Central Arkansas that afternoon. We'll stay there Thursday, Friday, and head back home Saturday night since I have to work Sunday. Then it's right back into the grind with clinicals and the start of the endocrine system in school. Luckily, I get to go to Salt Lake City the first week in April so it's like two breaks! Enough randomness for now.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

What a lovely Saturday morning. Those cinnamon rolls sound sooo good!

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.