Monday, February 14, 2011

I had an amazing day yesterday (before getting a sore throat). Two of my favorite best friends drove up from central Arkansas and we all saw the touring Broadway version of Mamma Mia! They arrived early so we had plenty of time to talk and catch up. W reads my blog and it makes me feel so loved that even though we might not always talk on a week to week basis, she's still so involved in my life. This was the first time I'd see K since last April at W's wedding. The first time I'd seen her since she lost her precious first born this past October, a beautiful daughter named Kaydence. She gave me a picture of her sweet baby girl and showed me a few others that she had. Her strength and faith throughout this entire tragedy greatly humbles me. It's not often that I get to tell someone that I hope they're pregnant by the next time I see them, but after losing her gorgeous daughter and then having to wait 6 months to try for another baby due to the emergency c-section that was supposed to save her daughter, she deserves a very quick conception and a wonderful rainbow baby this year. It was super sad to say goodbye to them and I had a nice, long, decompressing cry once I drove away. It won't be that long until I see them again since they're going to come back in May to see Les Mis up here and then we're going to go see Beauty and the Beast in Memphis this June. It's shaping up to be quite the musical year.

And it was such a needed escape, even if only for a few hours since my schedule is so very full during these next few weeks as we try and make up for the fact that we've only been to 9 out of 19 days of class this semester. I had one skills validation today on tracheotomy care and suctioning, IV validation tomorrow (on a real, live person for the first time ever!), then a pharmacology test on Wednesday, a really super long lecture Thursday, and a test I'm very unprepared for on Friday. Throw in about 12 hours of nannying, finishing a CASA court report, and all the other random things that need to be done around my house (like the giant sink full of dishes) and it adds even more to my already full plate.

Another plus is that I don't have strep throat, it's just red and sore, and it's already feeling better than it did this morning which is great since I just can't afford to get sick this week too. I have to find a way into tricking my body into thinking I'm not stressed out so I don't end up having more almost 40 day cycles or strange 3 day periods. I should find out more about this new insurance during the next few days which is just one step closer! We keep talking about it so seriously, knowing that it's in the near future, and it is so very exciting since it's seemed so far away for so long now.

Happy Valentines Day! I made my hubby a super sweet (and cheap) gift this year. There are 92 days between today and our anniversary so I wrote down about 85 things I love about Matt, added in 7 free massages and foreign movies with no complaints from me, and ta-da, his gift. And to further lower the price, I grabbed a bunch of paint color pallets in pinks and reds for free at wal.mart so I didn't have to buy construction paper. I put them all in a glass bowl I found for $1 with some little chocolates and it's going to sit on my coffee table from here until May. He absolutely loved it and I think it will be hard for him to only pull one a day. He gave me an amazing foot rub and wrote me a song (that I have to wait until tomorrow for). We went out to dinner and have spent the rest of the time watching Dr. Who and cuddling on the couch with our puppies. It has been the perfect end to a day and I can just hear my bed calling my name now.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

That's such a sweet idea!! I may have to steal it for next year. :)

runnyyolk said...

Sounds like a great day! (In spite of the sore throat.)

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.