Saturday, December 25, 2010

Matt and I slept in this morning and then opened the gifts his parents sent us. I got some socks, some necklaces, and some smell good things. I got Matt some vintage movie posters (although some of them haven't come in the mail yet) as well as a new sweater and a dvd with 25 different westerns on it. Matt got me the entire Angel, Buffy, and Firefly comic book series as well as a book called The Wet Nurse's Tale which I'm super excited to read. My friend, S, and I  had plans to go grocery shopping last night to get supplies for a Christmas dinner but when we arrived at our S's home, her baby was napping and we had to wait on him to wake up before we could go. By the time we got around to leaving, every single place was closed except Walgreens. We had then decided we'd just make a breakfast for Christmas thing since we realized we could pull that together without the grocery store. By this morning, we decided we'd go one step farther and go to IHOP for a Christmas brunch since we found out they'd be open. It was a very unconventional Christmas but we enjoyed ourselves and the company. She always apologizes for being "boring" but we like going over there since we are just as boring too. Besides, I love her kid a whole bunch. He's super cute and seems to think I'm funny so we get along swimmingly. I'm thankful to have reconnected with her and to have more friends in this area. So we went out to lunch and then hung out for a few hours afterwards. Here's some pictures of her lovely home and bright blue tree. I like the reflection of the fire in the window. It was the perfect day for the fireplace, even if it is the only day of the year it gets used.


 

I got an amazing $300 Christmas bonus from my Jewish nanny employers. They're pretty amazing and I couldn't have possibly found a better family to work for! I am always blown away by their kindness and generosity. I hope that I'm able to keep in touch with them and watch David grow into the incredible young man I know he'll be.


It's still snowing, just flurries really, but it's not sticking. It's just been enough to leave little bits behind. Maybe it will be even more apparent in the morning as I go into work. My day of waiting tables makes me all the more thankful for my awesome nanny employers and my sweet little toddlerninja!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas today!

6 comments:

arohanui said...

Hello Rochelle, thanks for visiting my blog :)
I'm pleased you got a little bit of a "white" Christmas, your tree looks great!
All the best for the coming year,
Arohanui

heartincharge said...

Merry Christmas. Enjoy your white Christmas!

Kim said...

Hi, thank you for stopping by my blog. Best of luck to you on your journey to have a baby(ies.) I truely hope 2011 is your year!! REading your blog, I realized we shared some thing sin common (besides IF.) I too was a nanny for many years, before becoming a stay at home mom. Like you, kids always flocked to me. Also, I lived in AR (Springdale) for a year. It was beautiful there, but I misses my family terribly! Hope you had a good Christmas! ICLW #69

Shona said...

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing Christmas. We did too though hectic as there were a lot of us at my Mum's house.

Thanks for your kind words of support on my blog.

Shona

awomanmyage said...

I just love IHOP and I'm glad you had a super chill Christmas with your friend. It must have meant the world to her for you to be there with her.

ICLW

nitsudyeslek said...

Thanks for stopping by blog! It's always nice to have someone who sorta knows what's going on! I had a friend who traveled to Atlanta and it was snowing there, too! I'm from Minnesota, so I'm used to it :) But I can only imagine! Merry CHristams!

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.