Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's IComLeavWe week!!! Which for me means lots of commenting to keep up! This is my first time participating and I'm really looking forward to all the new blogs I'm stumbling upon. For all the ICLW folks, here's a little bit about me. I'm 23, my hubby is 24, we've been married and ttc since May 2007. After 14 months, we finally managed to get pregnant only to lose that baby at 12 weeks in September 2008. My husband and I split up that following November and didn't reconcile until June 2009. We've been trying again since then. I have really crappy insurance that doesn't cover anything infertility related so right now all we have under our belt is two failed Clomid cycles and hope that a miracle will happen some day. I am currently in nursing school and will graduate in May 2012. I talk a lot about the stress of school here too, but as many of my fellow infertiles know, after it's been this long, no event can really get in the way or make you stop trying. I plan on eventually becoming a nurse midwife and would love to spend the rest of my existence on this planet improving the maternity care system here in our country while serving women in their homes. I'm not religious and have a potty mouth from time to time too. I think that gives you a pretty good idea what to expect.

Sorry I failed at DPP for the past two days but I've just had other things fill my mind. Matt forgot all the paperwork I needed at home so my appointment was cancelled again. I don't even know if I'll find the courage to reschedule since it took so much for me to actually call the place and get an appointment to begin with. I had a small emotional breakdown in the parking lot and I am super disappointed but by now, I'm used to that feeling. Luckily, my boss from my nanny job brought us back amazing BBQ from Jack Stack in Kansas City which was just the treat we needed after a disappointing day like that. We also got to go spend some time in Fayetteville seeing friends and I got to love on a sweet baby boy who thinks my face is just the funniest thing ever which boosted my spirit in a way only baby love can. I may go back down there today for some more love when I get off work.

I watched Black Swan last night and absolutely loved it. Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis have a racy sex scene in it, but I don't think it was anywhere near as graphic as critics would have you believe. It definitely deserves it's R rating. I enjoyed their fantasy make-out session a little more than I probably should but wow, it was just so hot. The close up on the top of Mila Kunis' head as she goes down on Natalie Portman seemed like a bit much to me since we all could have just watched Portman's face to see what was going on. Hubby says he thought her wiping her mouth afterwards was the most graphic, but I hardly even noticed that part. I definitely recommend seeing it, although, I'm still partial to The Red Shoes which seemed more suspenseful to me.

 I am really sad that despite sending my ornaments two weeks ago for the remembering together swaps I joined this year, I had yet to receive either of the return ornaments. I was really looking forward to seeing our loss remembered on our tree but it's not looking like I'll get to. I wish there was some way to publicly shame the people who received their ornaments but didn't send any out. Why join a SWAP if you're not going to participate?

And I'll leave you with a picture of my sweet ninjatoddler. He loves lemons and was very happy to stick his whole hand down in my water to fish it out so he could try and eat it. I love this sweet boy (and his crazy hair!)

4 comments:

junebug said...

I have had good luck with both swaps I participated in but I have had several blog peeps who had terrible luck. There should be something like they used to tape up bad checks by the register. Some way to shame the naughty peeps. I say I had good luck but next month I'm participating in a secret blog buddy thing and I might have just jinxed myself. :-)
ICLW

hopeisafourletterword said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am a nurse and I love it. I worked NICU for 8 years but left last year, it was rough working there while having trouble TTC. Good luck with nursing school, it's tough but worth it!

Jem said...

Wishing you all the best for your schooling and TTC.


~Jem (ICLW #5)

jjiraffe said...

Happy ICLW, and thanks for your kind words! I just saw Black Swan, and Natalie Portman was amazing, I actually thought the violence was more graphic than the sex scene - the hangnail totally grossed me out!! I'll have to check out the Red Shoes...thanks for the recommendation :)

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.