Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I am exhausted already today. Two hours at Jump Zone really took it out of me and we'll be going back whenever the ninjatoddler wakes up from his nap. I was told that I was "the queen of the Nemo jump" by an adorable little girl and since most parents go there in order to let their kids be crazy with minimal supervision, I was like everyone's nanny. I've hugged and comforted a bunch of strangers' children today. I always hear from other's how great I am with kids (babies in particular) but I sometimes forget that not every one has this natural talent for dealing with kids. It seems like kids see this too and so I felt like they all just flocked to me when they got hurt today. It was pretty cute. I also got to cuddle my friends' sweet little one again last night and she jokingly said I should come move in with them haha. It's a nice self esteem boost sometimes when I realise that I do have this knack for comforting and quieting little ones.

We'll be joining that friend for Christmas dinner and I'm pretty excited about it. I'm glad it won't be just the two of us sitting at home moping since we aren't going home to see family this Christmas. I work the day before and the day after so it just wouldn't be worth it to drive down to central Arkansas since we'd have to turn right back around and head back. We're not sure yet what we're going to cook (and we'll probably figure it out at the last minute) but I'm sure it will be good times.

And yay for my properly working body. I have been reading all these new blogs from ICLW and seeing so many women with ovulation/ regularity issues and it has just made me feel so lucky to have regular cycles. I am even more thankful that I ovulate every single month without fail, even if it is about a week later than what most people consider "normal". I finally got a positive OPK  last night (cd20) and an even more positive one this morning. I'll test again when I get home tonight and see if my LH is still surging. I felt like I had some O pains yesterday so it would make sense that it will probably happen today. It will be fun to know we really stand a shot this month even if it would mean a baby in the middle of my 3rd semester of nursing school. I like to think they'd bend the rules for me since I know it's been done in the past, but at this point, there are very few things I wouldn't sacrifice to become a mother. So as of now, it looks like I'll be testing during the first week of the year, and what a wonderful start to the year that would be!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.