Thursday, December 23, 2010

Welcome ICLW-ers!!! For a brief synopsis of what this mess is about, see the ICLW post from Tuesday.

I have such great friends. They support me even if they might not agree it's the best decision. They love me even when I've got my cranky pants on. They're always there when I need to vent. And today, one of them bought me and a dryer as a Christmas present! We've been without a dryer for a little over a month now. We've just been washing clothes and then hanging them up all over the house to dry. We have an old house that has one of those ugly wall heaters and it has worked out really well to just hang clothes over that and turn the heat on when we need something dry quickly. It hasn't really been that big of an inconvenience although we've been wearing pants a few times before washing them and the laundry does seem to pile up a lot quicker. It just seemed like every time we had the money to do it, we wouldn't be able to find one worth it, or we wouldn't be able to find a truck to borrow to get it to our house. I'm soooo looking forward to fluffy towels again though since the air-dried ones are really crunchy. I am just so thankful for the wonderful people that fill my life.

I am also excited about finally making our Christmas ornament for this year. It will say "When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time."" Now if I can just manage to find my hot glue gun! Have a great Thursday!

3 comments:

Lex said...

That sounds like a lovely ornament! I have a love/hate relationship with that saying - possibly because part of me is glad to still have hope and part of me aches to give up and stop the heartache.

We don't own a dryer, we hang everything to dry and the #1 thing I miss is fluffy towels. Sigh. But no space to put one so we do without. Merry Christmas!

MrsH said...

I agree that the towels are gritty, but they soften up after using them once and they are great as exfoliators

car said...

Hi Rochelle,

I just wanted to let you know that my ornament arrived on the 23rd, just in time for Christmas. I hope you got yours in honor of your angel. There's a pic here: http://hellogoodbyenow.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-gifts.html

I have to confess I line-dry almost everything, but then I toss it in the drier for 10 minutes to soften things up so I would hate to have to live without my drier.

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.