Saturday, September 4, 2010

We're currently playing house with my favorite toddler while his parents are on vacation. I don't think I'll want to go back to the real world come Monday. I could get used to this nice, big house, decent car, and cute little boy. I have a bunch of pharmacology homework to do and even more studying to get done, but I doubt I will have time to open a book until I get back home Monday.

Today we had a blast! As soon as his parents left, we decided to head off to Eureka Springs. We went to a big cat refuge called Turpentine Creek. They take in animals when zoo's close or when a private owner realizes they can't care for this huge wild animal that eats over 100lbs of food a week. We saw a bunch of lions, tigers, and bears (oh my!). We also saw a monkey, a parrot, a bunch of bobcats, cougars, and a black leopard. After that, we ventured into downtown Eureka Springs to see their old rail road engines since this boy LOVES trains. He had a blast and the weather was perfect for being outside walking around. He actually cried when we had to leave the railroad, but I got some good pictures of him on a lot of the really old cars. I'd love to take him back to do the hour long excursion train ride some day.

Ended the day with some Thai food with my hubby and a cranky boy who was ready for bed. I am now thoroughly exhausted and I know D will be up at like 7am and I have a busy shift at Dixie so it will be another long day tomorrow. Thankfully Matt is going to watch him while I'm at Dixie so I do get a small break, if you can call Dixie that.

This just makes me soooo much more anxious to be a mommy. I enjoyed myself so much today. He was like a natural antidepressant. And I love love love him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.