Thursday, August 19, 2010

That question seems to be on the forefront of my mind lately as I start to get organized for the semester ahead of me. We're still so incredibly poor right now, but at least we'll have rent for this month (I can't say the same for next month). Just as soon as I think we're about to be done with school expenses, it seems another one is thrown my way. So far, I've spent about $1300 and I still have another $400 to go. I'm not going to be able to order my scrubs next week because now I have to pay for a Kaplan Test that they forgot to tell us about during orientation. And I still haven't paid for or taken the urine drug test that I have to do at some point in the first few weeks of class.

I moved my desk out of the spare bedroom and into our livingroom so that I will actually use it and do work there. I am one of those people that needs distraction in order to actually get anything done which is why I usually end up in the student center studying where I can people watch. This is the corner of my house that I will practically be living in this semester.
I even have a chair massager now!

I also made myself a calender, putting together my work and school schedules with all the homework and reading I know about in advance. I have a very detailed syllabus for this class that includes what we will be doing in class every single day and this is definitely going to help me stay on track. I'm already starting on some of the reading because I know it's going to be a constant battle to keep my head above the water. It's all nice and color coded, but it definitely makes me feel overwhelmed when I look at it.

We'll see how much time I have to actually keep the blog up, but I will make an effort to post at least weekly. I gained back 6 pounds this past week, but feel like I've gotten back on track now. It was just a rough week for me and I haven't worked out at all. I want to get back in the habit, but it's so much easier to be lazy. I just wish it were easier, though weight watchers does help me keep myself accountable. We're still not ttc and for once, I don't even know what cycle day it is, though it definitely feels like AF is just around the corner. All my labs came back normal, reaffirming what we already knew, that my body doesn't seem to be the issue. Matt is making an effort to quit smoking, but he's tried so many times before that I just don't have much faith in him quitting. He's still searching frantically for a job that will pay our bills, and if he doesn't find one in the next few weeks, paying rent in September is going to be really tough. I still get to work at my nanny job, but only about 12 hours a week instead of 24. We will be keeping the babyninja all labor day weekend and I can't wait! It will be so fun and David loves Matt so much. It's always fun to see my hubby playing with him. Let's me imagine such a wonderful future.

Now onto some more reading and defining terms, oh joy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.