Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I had orientation for nursing school yesterday and it has me feeling overwhelmed already. They claim we must buy all our books new because the e-books are required, and while I totally think the e-books would make studying easier with my netbook, I just don't want to spend that extra $600. I already spent $150 on equipment yesterday and another $212 on tuition, so it's more than daunting to think about spending another $800 or more on books. I have my schedule for the entire semester which is nice, knowing down to every hour when I'll be in class.

Having my schedule for the whole semester means that I don't have to totally give up watching my ninjaBoy. I think I'll still be able to watch him like 15 hours a week, but we'll see. Luckily, my boss is really flexible since he is mainly a stay at home dad.

On the weight loss front, I'm down to 209.8! When I weighed myself on July 12th, I weighed 222lbs so that's 13lbs in just under a month. I haven't even really been working out, so most of that is just been eating less thanks to keeping track of every single thing I eat on weightwatchers.com.

I went to the doctor yesterday for a physical and a pap. She ran some basic blood work as well and I should hear back about that in the next week or so. I have to have a mole removed from my right breast at some point over the next few months, but it's not really a big deal. My doc said she didn't think it was anything bad, but that since it gets so easily irritated, she'd prefer to remove it and send it off to pathology. It seems crazy, but I keep hoping that maybe they find that I have an underactive thyroid. It would just be such an easy fix, on both the trying to conceive front, as well as weight loss, but it still seems odd to feel like I'm hoping for a disorder. Quite a few people in my family already have a hypothryoidism diagnosis, so I am familiar with the symptoms.

Today, I am thankful for the huge financial blessing from my amazing friend Lisa that has relieved so much stress. I am thankful for my in-laws financial help as well which has not only relieved some of my stress, but some of Matt's as well. I'm thankful that I am one of the few that made it into this nursing program. I am thankful that I don't have to give up my sweet, sweet ninjaBoy and that I still get to be such a big part of his life, and he, mine. I just have so much to be thankful for right now!

And now, I'm going to try and fit in a nap while ninjaBoy sleeps because I am just dragging today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.