Friday, May 14, 2010

I hadn't planned on writing now, while in the middle of a thunderstorm, but I have a little extra time before work.

Matt and I get a little bit better for each other every single day. If we can just keep it up, we might have succeeded in being our own therapy. Sometimes when we're busy with our lives, it just feels like I wake up and go through the motions every day which makes it really easy to fall into a rut of habit. Our physical relationship never fails to get put on the back burner during those times and we both just watch the steady decline, neither of us every saying a word about how it makes us feel. And every time we throw in some change, both of us just perk right up. We hug more, we kiss more, we, um, go to bed earlier. We just treat each other better. It's like a veil is lifted and we instantly remember the reasons this is so worth fighting for. I have never loved anyone as much as I love Matt and he makes me feel incredible. He can make me feel like the most loved, attractive, amazing, interesting, perfect woman all at the same time and that is worth everything. My step mom once told me that being in a relationship is the hardest jobs I'd ever have, but that it would all be worth it. I get it now.

So we put in the long hours and commit to the long haul. Because this love is so worth it. Our 3 year wedding anniversary is this Monday and I just can't wait to spend another 60 years with this man!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.