Tuesday, March 2, 2010

This month is all about being proactive. It's about taking action.

We're cleaning up our cupboards. Cutting out the processed junk along with almost all our dairy and meat as well. Matt ate completely vegan when he was in Prague and has expressed interest in eating that way again. I would never in a million years argue with my husband about healthier eating choices since it's generally the other way around. We are both considered to be obese and are both aware of our severe emotional attachment to food. We have already made healthier choices like only eating out once ever other week pr so, and I have started cooking much healthier meals through substitution. We both have a hard core addiction to sugar which is made apparent through all the sweet baking I do (I made fudge last week) and by all the soda that Matt likes. I think he is slowly coming around to a more healthy lifestyle and it is making me absolutely giddy. So far the plan is to continue slowly phasing things out in exchange for substitutes. We are going to focus mostly on fresh foods and try to limit our carb and soy intake. It's not all about weight loss either. It's about not being a participant in this declining food industry, about making a conscious effort to stop being a mindless consumer. Once the farmer's markets in the area start back up, we'll probably have a much wider range of food available to us.

We also decided that as long as the weather allows, each Saturday we will take our dog out on one of the local trails. We have a wide variety of trails to choose from with many different lengths and intensities. And our dog will absolutely love us for this. When I lived up here alone, Sam and I went on hikes together all the time because it was all that kept my sanity. I walk a few miles every day at work (3days/week) so hopefully this added bit will be just the boost I need.

Yesterday was also the start of a new cycle, another fresh start, and one more cycle closer to motherhood. No PMS this month and no depressed funk to have to crawl out of. I feel like I have seen real results with my positive affirmations. It's like an absolutely free drug, even if it is just a placebo effect. If I had health insurance, I would most likely be put on a mood stabilizer, and then they'd just go down the list I've taken in the past and pick one of many. But since that isn't an option, I found this other avenue to control my own emotions. I slip from time to time but as soon I really have a chance to take a deep breath and remind myself that I am in control of my own emotions and I am the one who decides what mood I will be in. So far, so good. I am trying to use it to manifest other great things in my life as well, like babies, and the career path/school stuff I've got going on as well. Mostly BABIES. Hoping to be more proactive in that department this month as well. And very, very excited and hopeful about it. Isn't it March that comes in like a lion and out like a lamb?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

People and Organizations I like

 
Copyright (c) 2010 for all that we hope for. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.